CASE Construction Equipment is re-entering the wheeled excavator market in North America, previewing the product line with the new WX175E SR at CONEXPO.
This addition to the CASE excavator lineup features a short radius design for working in metro areas and on roadside projects. The wheeled excavator features powerful hydraulic performance, attachment flexibility for versatility in a maneuverable asset and a large cab with automotive styling.
As a wheeled machine, the WX175E SR self-transports from site-to-site with maximum travel speeds up to 22 miles per hour.
“Jobsites are becoming tighter, transporting steel-tracked equipment relatively short distances can be challenging, and steel tracks represent a large portion of the lifetime owning and operating costs of any piece of heavy equipment,” said Diego Butzke, product manager, CASE Construction Equipment. “The new lineup of CASE wheeled excavators addresses and improves on those challenges while still delivering a full-featured excavator experience capable of both production-level hogging and more specialized use with attachments.”
The WX175E SR on display at CONEXPO weighs in at just over 44,000-lbs. and operates at a rated 173-hp at 2,200 rpm. The short radius design allows it to work up against structures, existing infrastructure and along roadsides while taking up a minimal amount of space.
Features and performance capabilities featured in the new CASE wheeled excavator lineup soon to be unleashed on the North American market include:
- A load sensing hydraulic system that allows for multi-functional operation and machine movements, as well as proportional auxiliary hydraulics that enable control of attachments. An optional Fine Swing control faciliates precision with less material spillage. Power Boost provides an increase in power when needed.
- Joystick steering for maneuvering. The 4-wheel hydrostatic drive ensures traction — even in rough conditions. Ride Control provides a consistent ride, comfort and less material spilled from the bucket.
- Customized attachment control for 20 attachments stored in the machine display for access and recall.
- Engine auto-idling and shutdown that reduces noise, reduces engine hours and cuts exhaust emissions.
- An ECO gauge that monitors engine utilization.
- Auto-Brake that allows the work to begin after stopping the machine from travel.
- An electronic reversible fan that provides automatic engine cooling while a self-cleaning mode eliminates dust and debris from the engine compartment.
- The CASE Max View camera system that provides the operator with a full 360° field of view with intelligent moving object detection technology and warning system around the machine.
“CASE wheeled excavators give roadbuilders, utilities and public works departments a powerful new resource that simplifies transportation and saves space on the jobsite — all while still delivering the quality in performance that CASE excavators are known for,” said Butzke. “These models are one more example of the CASE commitment to deliver products and solutions that solve real world problems out on the jobsite.”